No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out SOLVED

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out, I have had this error for the past few weeks looking through the event logs in my Motorola SB6141 and saw this message is popping in the logs several times every day. Apparently this error occurs when the upstream connectivity is lost between my cable modem and the Xfinity Comcast server. Checking my modem signal levels I have found the following data

Downstream Power Level
12 dBmV 13 dBmV 11 dBmV 10 dBmV 10 dBmV 11 dBmV 11 dBmV 12 dBmV

Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
38 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 38 dB 37 dB 38 dB

Upstream Power Level 42 dBmV 43 dBmV 42 dBmV 41 dBmV



The downstream power is on the high side, and -7dBmV to +7dBmV is the ideal range for cable modem, so I have found 2 way signal splitter and added to the the line leading to the modem hoping that extra attenuation will knock that power down. And it worked, the downstream power level went down. For the last few days my Xfinity Comcast connection works like a charm and there is no No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out in the log files.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you it helps. I added splitter and it work now perfectly :)